NEW FOR FALL 2018
A unique partnership with Volleyball Canada enables Burnaby School District to provide high performance volleyball excellence training. This individualized program focuses on overall skill set, positional training, as well as incorporated strength and conditioning while supporting student learning and educational goals.
- Year-round technical and tactical training led by Nationally appointed coaching staff
- Individual seasonal plan
- Integrates high school and club participation
- Fullfills academic requirements – 2 courses for credit
- Hosted at Cariboo Hill Secondary
- 2-3 sessions per week (1.5 – 2 hrs per session) for 36 weeks
- Classes will consist of video analysis via ipad (slow motion instant replay), weight training by a certified strength & conditioning coach, and nutritional and mental preparation
- Training gear and equipment provided
Choose from two pathways:
Academy Stream: any student in grades 8 – 12 with a desire to incorporate a volleyball skill academy program into their academic pursuits. Monthly Fee: $235
Elite Stream: selected students in grades 9 – 12 with a desire to pursue a high performance pathway while balancing their academic pursuits. This cohort has a lower coach to athlete ratio. Athletes must be assessed for the elite stream. Monthly Fee: $280
Priority placement for the upcoming school year will be given to applications received before the March 16 deadline. For more information, contact Cariboo Hill Secondary principal, Andy Chin.