SOGI is an acronym for Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- It is not a dedicated curriculum or a list of specific identities.
- It is an inclusive term relevant to all individuals, and includes identities such as heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, cisgender, and more.
The Burnaby School District wants all of our schools and workplaces to be welcoming and safe spaces for every student and staff member – this includes all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Read the Burnaby Board of Education’s Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Policy
- Read the Ministry of Education and Child Care Document: SOGI-Inclusive Education Myth Busting
- Read More About SOGI on the Province of British Columbia Website
- Read About Celebrating Diversity in Burnaby Schools