Please click here to learn more about the Mandarin Language Arts Program and details regarding registration for 2021-22.
The Burnaby Board of Education is committed to providing students with unique learning options. Developed in Burnaby, the Mandarin Language Arts Program offers an enriching and rewarding opportunity for students to celebrate and appreciate an additional language and culture.
- An option for children entering Kindergarten or Grade one
- The program goes up to Grade 7
- It is offered at at Forest Grove Elementary School
- Students study the regular core curriculum in English as prescribed by the Ministry of Education
- A component of the Language Arts curriculum will be delivered in Mandarin
- The program is designed for students who have strong English language skills
The program will develop
- Mandarin oral communication skills
- Reading and writing skills (Chinese simplified language)
- An understanding of and appreciation for Mandarin Chinese culture
Students new to Burnaby Schools will first need to complete the Online Preliminary Registration for your child’s catchment school. Please visit our registration page for further details https://burnabyschools.ca/registration/
Once the Online Preliminary Registration is completed for your child’s catchment school, an application for the Mandarin Language Arts Program can be completed here: District Language Program Online Application”