The Burnaby Board of Education is committed to providing students with unique learning options. Developed in Burnaby, the Mandarin Language Arts Program offers an enriching and rewarding opportunity for students to celebrate and appreciate an additional language and culture.
- An option for children entering Kindergarten or Grade one
- The program goes up to Grade 7
- It is offered at at Forest Grove Elementary School
- Students study the regular core curriculum in English as prescribed by the Ministry of Education
- A component of the Language Arts curriculum will be delivered in Mandarin
- The program is designed for students who have strong English language skills
The program will develop
- Mandarin oral communication skills
- Reading and writing skills (Chinese simplified language)
- An understanding of and appreciation for Mandarin Chinese culture
Applications can be made in the month of February through the District Language Program online form by clicking on the link below. Applications received after February will be considered late and prioritized after all on-time applications.