Role of D.S.A.C.
- to provide a formal process for Burnaby students to express their ideas and concerns regarding district programs and operations to the school board;
- to assist in decision-making in regard to school district programs, policies and practices through information, input and recommendations;
- to provide a formal process for the Superintendent of Schools and district administrative staff to receive input and feedback regarding district programs and operations; and
- to provide students with an opportunity to explore issues concerning youth in the community
Guidelines for Selection:
- five students from each school;
- a mixture of students from junior and senior grades;
- students willing to meet as a school-based team between official meetings of D.S.A.C.;
- students who have already developed leadership skills and who understand group process and their responsibility to that process;
- students who will represent the school’s voice, not their own opinions;
- students who represent the various elements of their school’s population; and
- students willing to consult within the school, when appropriate, in order to bring an informed response to D.S.A.C. meetings.