Common Areas Brought Forward – School and District Level
- Personnel Issues
- Programs, Resources, Student Reporting
- School and District Policy and Procedures
- Student Discipline
- Every effort should be made to resolve concerns at earliest stage possible
- Consultation should occur in a fair and judicious manner
- Mutual respect and courteous communication should occur
- Attempts to resolve concerns should occur in a timely manner
- Consultation with employee who made the decision in question or who is most closely connected with the issue or concern (parent to teacher).
- Consultation with the employee’s immediate supervisor who will attempt to facilitate a resolution (parent to principal).
- Consultation with member of district administrative staff who will participate in order to assist in achieving a resolution (parent to Director of Instruction and/or Assistant Superintendent).
- Communication to the Superintendent’s office through to the Board of Education. Parent may submit in writing a request for appeal to the Board of Education.