Registration for the 2023/24 school year is open.
Please be aware that schools are closed during the summer months. School staff will begin processing registrations during the week of August 28th.
To complete an online preliminary registration please click here.
Parents/legal guardians and children must be residing in Burnaby at the time of registration. Schools are unable to register students until the family is living in Burnaby. If you are currently out of the country, please wait until returning to Burnaby before registering.
The following documents will be required to register:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card)
- Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A.
- Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian government issued tax statement
- Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
In some circumstances, schools may require additional documentation. Parents will be contacted if this is the case.
Please note that it’s not the Burnaby School District’s practice to share student or parent information with federal immigration authorities, unless there’s a specific case where the District may be required to do so by law.