WHAT DOES A PLUMBER DO?
- installs, alters and repairs plumbing systems
- reads and interprets blueprints and project specifications
- selects, measures, shapes and joins pipes
- develops specialized skills & knowledge based on the substance being carried (water, steam, gas, chemicals)
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering industry (plumber, gasfitter or emergency sprinkler installer)
- strong math skills and mechanical aptitude are assets
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 4 graduation credits
- optional 120 hours of work experience
- post-secondary training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- Apprenticeship Technical Training Level 1 Certification leading to pipefitting, steamfitting, gasfitting and sprinkler installation
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Piping Industry College of BC on Annacis Island
- 6 weeks June to August
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in an interview