WHAT DOES THE FILM & BROADCASTING PROGRAM OFFER?
- learn to use state-of-the-art film production equipment
- learn about writing for film and television
- learn about field and studio production
- learn about film and broadcast editing
- learn about news operations and production
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- creative aptitude and ability are assets
- effective interpersonal and communication skills
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 16 graduation credits
- up to 120 hours of work experience
- building connections with industry employers
- professional level technical training in emerging technologies using Mac computers
- develop a portfolio that supports post-secondary application and/or employment
- opportunity to write, produce, direct and report for Shaw Community Access TV show “Burnaby Connect”
- scholarship opportunities
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Burnaby North Secondary School on Day 1’s (afternoons)
- attend current school to complete other courses (Day 1 mornings and Day 2’s)
Please note that for the 2021-2022 School year, all Burnaby Schools will be running on a semestered system. This change will impact the schedules of our programs. See below for the current schedule:
- Burnaby North Secondary, Semester 1 afternoons (periods 3, 4, Y)
- Work Experience Semester 1 and 2
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in an interview