WHAT DOES A GRAPHIC/MEDIA ARTIST DO?
- graphic design layout for logos, posters, products, magazines, 2D animation, etc.
- video and film production
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering industry
- commitment to learning and creating work within the scope of multi-media, graphic arts and/or media arts related fields
- effective interpersonal and communications skills
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 16 graduation credits
- community-based work experience placements
- building connections with industry employers
- develop a portfolio that supports post-secondary application and/or employment
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Byrne Creek Community School
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday afternoons (period 3, 4 & Y), September – June
- attend current school in the morning and available full days to complete other courses
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in an interview