WHAT DOES A HAIRSTYLIST DO?
- provides hair care to clients which includes cuts, styling, shampooing, scalp treatments, chemical treatments (e.g. perms, colours) and hairpiece services.
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in working with hair
- good hand/eye coordination
- creativity is an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- 36 graduation credits
- building connections with industry employers
- 300 work-based training hours towards 3150 hours required for Provincial Industry Certification
- students write the ITA Level 1 exam upon completion of the program
- upon successful completion, students will be credited with 1290 hours towards the 3150 required hours for Red Seal endorsement
- student will be registered with the Industry Training Authority (ITA)
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Alpha Secondary School:
- Starting Semester 2 (February) 2022 and Ending Semester 1 (January) 2023
Practicums: Ongoing from June through January
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview