WHAT DOES A CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN DO?
- installs, constructs, alters, repairs, maintains, tests, services, calibrates, and operates related electrical and electronic systems in any residential, construction or large industrial projects
- ensures that all electrical connections are safe and meet the standards set by the electrical code
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering industry
- strong math skills are an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary apprenticeship training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- 20 graduation credits
- up to 120 hours of work experience
- building connections with industry employers
- Apprenticeship Technical Training Level 1 Certification
- CSA Safety Star certification
- Fall Protection certification
- Student registered with Industry Training Authority (ITA)
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary School on Day 1’s
- attend current school to complete other courses on Day 2’s
Please note that for the 2021-2022 School year, all Burnaby Schools will be running on a semestered system. This change will impact the schedules of our programs. See below for the current schedule:
- Burnaby Mountain Semester 1, Full time
- Work Experience and/or Youth Work in Trades Semester 1 and 2
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in an interview