WHAT DOES AN AUTO SERVICE TECHNICIAN DO?
- repairs, adjusts and replaces mechanical or electrical parts on cars and light trucks
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- must be in grade 11 or 12*
- Graduated students ARE elligible to apply, provided they will not turn 20 prior to the completion of the course (June) following the year
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering industry
- mechanical aptitude is an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 20 graduation credits
- approximately 10 days of work experience placements
- post-secondary apprenticeship training without the tuition fee
- Apprenticeship Technical Training certification Level 1 of Qualification
- easy transition to Apprenticeship Technical Training Level 2
- connections with industry employers
- Industry Training Authority Individual ID number
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Hosted at Cariboo Hill Secondary School in partnership with Vancouver Community College
- Classes are held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons
- Students attend current school to complete other graduation courses during the mornings
- Work Experience placements are undertaken as available September through June
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview