1. Official Transcripts

An Official Transcript is a listing of a students academic record relating to a BC Graduation Program, which includes grade 10 to 12 courses taken, grades earned (including provincial exams), and graduation status.

Transcripts and Certificates are ordered directly from the BC Ministry of Education if you meet one of the following criteria:

  • graduated after 1985 in B.C., or;
  • attended Grade 12 between 1986 and today, or,
  • you completed a Grade 12 course after 1985

If you graduated in 1985 or earlier the school district will provide these transcripts upon submission of a Records Request .

2. Permanent Student Record Card (PR Card)

A Permanent Student Record Card is a listing of a student’s entire academic record for grades K-12, which includes courses taken, achievement records (excluding provincial exams), absences, schools attended and graduation status.

Current students and former students can obtain a PR card from the school that they are presently enrolled in or last attended until they reach the age of 22. Those older than 22 must complete a Records Request.

3. Official Letter

Current students and former students may request an official letter indicating their attendance or registration in a Burnaby School. Letter Request Form.

 4. Obtain PEN

  • If you attended a BC K-12 school since 1993, or wrote a provincial exam since 1986, you may obtain your PEN from:
  • The top right hand corner of your Official Ministry transcript.
  • Your current, most recent or graduating school.
  • The school where you wrote your most recent provincial exam.
  • Ministry of Education
  • If you attended a BC Public Post-Secondary Institution since 1998, you MAY have a PEN. To obtain your PEN contact that institution’s records department.

If you are past the age of 22 Central Storage can provide your PEN upon completion of a Request Form.

5. 3rd Party / Lawyer Requests

Lawyers or 3rd Parties requesting records on behalf of their clients must submit a Request Form which includes the following:


Who can authorize the release of student records?

For those under the age of 19, a parent or legal guardian must provide authorization to release the Permanent student record information.

To ensure the privacy and security of the student information this request must be accompanied by a copy of legal photographic ID such as a driver’s license or passport before the record will be released. If the request is for your child you must provide proof of ID for both yourself and your child. In addition, if a third party is designated to pick up the record on behalf of the student they must also provide a copy of their ID when they come to pick up the record at the Student Record’s office.

Fees & Delivery Service

Fees are only calculated and applied once an order is processed and we determine we can provide the requested record(s).

Item1st CopyAdditional Copies
Transcript of Grades$10$5 each copy
Permanent Student Record (PSR)$10$5 each copy
Official Letter$7.50$1.50 each copy
3rd Party/Lawyer PackagesInvoiced based on:

  • Time to process the request
  • Number of copies
  • Delivery charges

Processing an order may take approximately 5 to 10 business days and delivery time is additional.

Please note: Student records cannot be e-mailed to ensure privacy and security of personal information.

If you need to visit the office for any reason, please call 604-296-6915 Ext. 660300 and make an appointment.

Central Storage Contact Information:

Burnaby School District: Central Records
4054 Norfolk Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 0C3
Ph:       604-296-6915 Ext. 660300