- Official Transcripts
- Permanent Student Records (PR Cards)
- Official Letters of Attendance or Registration
- Obtaining a Personal Education Number (PEN)
- 3rd Party or Legal Requests for Records
An Official Transcript is a listing of a students academic record relating to a BC Graduation Program, which includes grade 10 to 12 courses taken, grades earned (including provincial exams), and graduation status.
Transcripts and Certificates are ordered directly from the BC Ministry of Education if you meet one of the following criteria:
- graduated after 1985 in B.C., or;
- attended Grade 12 between 1986 and today, or,
- you completed a Grade 12 course after 1985
If you graduated in 1985 or earlier the school district will provide these transcripts upon submission of a Records Request .
A Permanent Student Record Card is a listing of a student’s entire academic record for grades K-12, which includes courses taken, achievement records (excluding provincial exams), absences, schools attended and graduation status.
Current students and former students can obtain a PR card from the school that they are presently enrolled in or last attended until they reach the age of 22. Those older than 22 must complete a Records Request.
Current students and former students may request an official letter indicating their attendance or registration in a Burnaby School. Letter Request Form.
- If you attended a BC K-12 school since 1993, or wrote a provincial exam since 1986, you may obtain your PEN from
The top right hand corner of your Official Ministry transcript.
- Your current, most recent or graduating school.
- The school where you wrote your most recent provincial exam.
- Ministry of Education
- If you attended a BC Public Post-Secondary Institution since 1998, you MAY have a PEN. To obtain your PEN contact that institution’s records department.
If you are past the age of 22 Central Storage can provide your PEN upon completion of a Request Form.
Lawyers or 3rd Parties requesting records on behalf of their clients must submit a Request Form which includes the following:
- Consent for Release of Records
- Proof of legal ID for client and parent/guardian
For those under the age of 19, a parent or legal guardian must provide authorization to release the Permanent student record information.
To ensure the privacy and security of the student information this request must be accompanied by a copy of legal photographic ID such as a driver’s license or passport before the record will be released. If the request is for your child you must provide proof of ID for both yourself and your child. In addition, if a third party is designated to pick up the record on behalf of the student they must also provide a copy of their ID when they come to pick up the record at the Student Record’s office.
Fees are only calculated and applied once an order is processed and we determine we can provide the requested record(s).
|Item||1st Copy||Additional Copies|
|Transcript of Grades||$10||$5 each copy|
|Permanent Student Record (PSR)||$10||$5 each copy|
|Official Letter||$7.50||$1.50 each copy|
|3rd Party/Lawyer Packages||Invoiced based on:|
Processing an order may take approximately 5 to 10 business days and delivery time is additional.
Please note: Student records cannot be e-mailed to ensure privacy and security of personal information.
If you need to visit the office for any reason, please call 604-296-6915 Ext. 660300 and make an appointment.
Burnaby School District: Central Records
6098 Nelson Avenue, Burnaby, BC V5H 4G2
Ph: 604-296-6915 Ext. 660300