This program is open to students who:
- are in Grade 12 and under age 20;
- still require course credits for graduation; and
- have demonstrated an orientation to work as well as an interest in developing job-specific skills related to a chosen vocation.
Students will have the opportunity to earn:
- secondary school graduation credits;
- post-secondary course credits; and / or
- industry-recognized employment certification.
Some students may acquire all three.
The program will be personalized to meet the individual needs of each student. Program components will include a combination of academic courses required for graduation, as well as identified, career-related courses. Students are encouraged to enroll in a four-course package that leads to one of the following options:
- high school completion;
- workplace training; and
- industry certification.
Courses will be offered in a variety of formats including:
- full semesters and modules;
- full days;
- mornings only;
- afternoons only;
- daytime and;
Actual timetable formats would be determined according to the needs of the students, the chosen educational program option, and the requirements for sequential delivery of learning outcomes.
Each student registered in the program will have an individualized program designed specifically for him / her that will include course delivery through a combination of:
- Class-based instruction;
- On-line instruction;
- Computer-assisted instruction;
- Distance education; and / or
- Workplace training.
David Leblanc 604-760-3972
Cynthia Gingras 604-760-1914