Registration Procedures

In order to assist with physical distancing and limiting the spread of COVID-19, schools will not be accepting any in-person registrations at this time. To complete an online preliminary registration please click here.

Non-Canadian Citizens  

To register, click here to book an appointment.

International Students

To register as an International Student, visit

Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents

Contact the school that serves the attendance area in which you reside and make an appointment to register. Students must reside with their parents or legal guardian.

Parents or guardians must accompany their child to the registration appointment and bring the following original documentation:

1) Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)

2) Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order). Note that a notarized custodial guardian appointment is not the same as a guardianship order granted by the courts

3) Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)

4) Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Your documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A below:

Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident

Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards

On occasion a school may request further documentation as needed.

5) Immunization records

6) A completed Burnaby School District Student Information Form

7) A completed Burnaby School District Medical Information Form

Note: Severe Health Concerns require additional forms. These can be obtained from the school that you are applying to attend.

8) Copy of the student’s most recent school marks (including Summer Session), such as:

a) an official copy of marks from the student’s Permanent Record Card; or
b) the student’s most recent report card; or
c) a transcript of academic record; or
d) a transfer form with marks

9) An emergency telephone contact number of a local person who is available during school hours

10) The name and telephone number of the family doctor or medical clinic