The Burnaby School District is seeking one community member with financial expertise and business knowledge to serve on the District Audit Sub-Committee. The Committee is comprised of three trustees and two independent members from the community at large. The primary role of the District Audit Sub-Committee is to assist the Board of Education in fulfilling its duties related to governance and financial oversight.
- Oversee the development of audited financial statements
- Ensure necessary financial internal controls exist
- Supervise the audit process
- Report any statutory non-compliance matters it is made aware of to the Board
The committee meets at least two times a year, plus ad hoc meetings as required. Induction training will be made available to all committee members in order to clarify roles and responsibilities of the District Audit Sub-Committee.
- Independent to the school district
- Have no relationship to the audit firm (KPMG)
- Knowledgeable about financial procedures and analysis
- Senior level financial experience, preferably in the public sector
Interested candidates can obtain an INFORMATION PACKAGE here
The deadline to submit is by 12 noon Friday, January 5, 2024.
For more information, contact:
Ishver Khunguray, Secretary-Treasurer, at email@example.com