The Burnaby School District is welcoming feedback and comments until February 10, 2023, about the proposed three-year calendar for the school years 2023-24 through 2025-26. The calendar sets out winter and spring breaks, as well as school closure days, including district-wide professional days.
The following is of note:
- The proposed three-year calendar is aligned with most Metro Vancouver school districts.
- Since 2014 the Burnaby School District has been operating with five school closure days. The instructional time lost, due to the closure days, is added to the remaining days in session.
- In the 2023-2024 school year, one of the school closure days occurs on the Friday before the traditional Spring Break period due to Good Friday, a statutory holiday, occurring during the break.
- The number of professional development days (six) remains the same in all three years.
- The draft calendar for the 2023-24 school year includes four Professional Development Days which tentatively fall on:
- Friday, October 20, 2023
- Friday, November 24, 2023
- Friday, February 16, 2024
- Monday, April 29, 2024
- Schools will each choose two additional professional days over the course of the school year. These are published in the spring before the following year’s calendar.
- Each year, all Burnaby Schools meet the required hours of instruction.
If you have feedback, please share it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted January 2023