Any rental requests in the district (classrooms, gyms, meeting spaces, etc) must be booked by contacting the appropriate rental contact. This is never done directly at the school level, their focus is on the students. Please do not contact the schools directly regarding rentals.
Burnaby Schools are not open for rentals during any break periods such as winter holidays, spring break, summer holidays or stat holidays. For further information on when school breaks are occuring please see the school calendar.
Please contact the board office
|Second Street||Gayle Beavil||6048363290|
|Stoney Creek||Taryn Briscoe||6048376850|
|Stride Avenue||Maria Jacome||6048386280|
* If you would like to use the school for a personal or non-school based event, please follow the public rental process.
1. Any rental requests must be accompanied by a completed rental application form. The completed application form must be submitted to Facility Rentals at least 10 business days prior to your start date. This ensures that we have all pertinent information on file and are able to generate a complete invoice for your booking. If you are booking for after school hours, this also allows us to ensure that the lights and heat are kept on for you, lets us knows you are in the building for emergency purposes, lets custodians be aware that they will have to clean the areas you are using later in the evening and to not lock up until everyone is gone.
2. Facility Rentals will then forward the rental application to the school principal to confirm availability and obtain approval.
3. Once the request is approved, a rental invoice will be generated and payment must be made 7 business days in advance of first booking.
Fees and Payment
School based rentals have no rental fee and no insurance fee.
Custodians are covered Monday-Friday up until 10pm (unless it is a large event). You will need to cover the cost of a custodian if you are renting past 10pm Monday-Friday or if you are renting on the weekend/break/holiday.
We charge custodial fees on an hourly basis and the minimum call out is 4 hours. Please see the schedule of fees* below:
|Rental Date||Hourly Rate||GST||Total Cost|
|Both Monday to Friday||Not applicable*|
|GL Code – Weekend/Break Periods||$25.39||N/A||$25.39|
|GL Code – Statutory Holidays||$50.78||N/A||$50.78|
|No GL Code – Weekend/Break Periods||$36.62||5%||$38.46|
|No GL Code – Statutory Holidays||$73.25||5%||$76.91|
* The rental rates vary according to user group activites, the type of facilities required, number of participants, and whether or not extra custodial time is necessary.