WHAT JOBS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE TOURISM & EVENT MANAGEMENT INDUSTRY?
- event planning & coordination
- managing dining/foodservices, banquets and conventions
- sales & marketing
- adventure tourism management/guides
- cruise ship personnel
- human resources
- resort/hotel management, guest services, concierge
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- strong interest in working with the public
- effective interpersonal and communication skills
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- 16 graduation credits
- 120 hours of work experience
- preferential admission and/or course credits at Douglas College
- building connections with industry employers
- American Hotel & Lodging Association certifications:
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Today
- additional certifications:
- Food Safe Level 1
- Serving it Right
- WorldHost Fundamentals
- Foundation of Workplace Safety
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary on Mon, Tues and Thurs 12:30 – 3:40pm
- attend current school to complete other courses in the mornings
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in an interview