The Burnaby Board of Education has been engaged in supporting childcare programs at Burnaby schools for over 35 years. We’ve made space available in our schools and on our properties for service providers to offer high quality childcare. We have a deep commitment to families in Burnaby that extends beyond whether they have children in our classrooms.
This past September we deepened that commitment further in our new strategic plan, when we set an objective to increase the number of spaces available on our properties. Currently we have more than 1,400 total childcare spaces, across 29 District sites, with 18 different providers. After a period of extensive consultation with parent groups, childcare providers, and other stakeholders, we released our plan to partner with the Province and the City of Burnaby to create an additional 601 new spaces at eight different locations on school district property.
The 601 spaces will be serviced by the following childcare providers at these eight locations:
- 23 spaces at Burnaby North Secondary Puddle Splashers
- 67 spaces at Cascade Heights Elementary YMCA
- 103 spaces at Marian Learning Resource Centre SFU Childcare Society
- 78 spaces at Marlborough Elementary Burnaby Neighborhood House
- 18 spaces at Rosser Elementary Lower Mainland Purpose Society
- 67 spaces at Stride Avenue Community School Burnaby Neighborhood House
- 54 spaces at Suncrest Elementary Burnaby Neighborhood House
- 91 spaces at Westridge Elementary Puddle Splashers
Currently, the City of Burnaby and School District are working to install modular childcare facilities at Capitol Hill and Montecito Elementary schools. In May 2019 the district initiated a Request for Proposal process to find local non-profit childcare providers to operate group childcare (3-5 years) at each centre. We are pleased to announce that the Capitol Hill site was awarded to Lower Mainland Purpose Society and the Montecito site was awarded to Burnaby Family Life. These childcare providers will be responsible for the enrollment process for each centre. It is expected that these centres will open in Fall 2020.
CHILDCARE REQUEST for PROPOSAL PROCESS
There are currently no active Childcare Request for Proposals.
Active Request For Proposals (RFP) are posted on www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca
For more information about the RFP process, please email email@example.com