Summer Session 2023 Information
Summer Session Pre-Approval (for students who are not currently attending a Burnaby Public School or are currently in Grade 12) is OPEN.
ALL PRE-APPROVALS ARE DONE THROUGH OUR ONLINE SYSTEM. PLEASE DO NOT BRING DOCUMENTS TO A SCHOOL SITE.
OUR PRE-APPROVAL SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSED FROM 3:00PM ON THURSDAY, MARCH 30TH TO THURSDAY, APRIL 13TH. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL APRIL 13TH.
Summer Session Registration Dates:
Secondary: Tuesday, April 4 at 10:00am
Elementary: Tuesday, April 11 at 10:00am
Please check back for information regarding the updated brochure and course info.
FAMILIES WHO HAVE STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN GRADES K-11 ENROLLED IN A SCHOOL IN THE BURNABY SCHOOL DISTRICT DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT FORMS FOR PRE-APPROVAL.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING THEN THEY MUST SUBMIT FORMS ONLINE FOR PRE-APPROVAL:
- Students currently attending Grade 12 in a Burnaby public school AND,
- All Students who do not attend a Burnaby public school during regular session
You will need to know your child’s Personal Education Number (PEN) and upload a number of documents during this process. Once you have your documents scanned (or in an image format), you can proceed with the pre-approval process.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR PRE-APPROVAL:
- Proof of student’s birthdate (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such and landed immigrant paper or guardianship order granted by the courts)
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)
- Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student – 2 required, with at least 1 from Category A
- Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling (i.e. purchase contract, property assessment, annual municipal utility/tax statement); long-term lease/rental agreement; parent or guardian’s income tax return or notice of assessment from Revenue Canada
- Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s licence, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards
- Copy of student’s most recent school marks (report card or transcript of academic record)
- BC Personal Education Number (PEN)
STEP 1: Review Our Summer Session Course Offerings
2023 Summer Session Brochures
STEP 2: Obtain Your Personal Education Number
PERSONAL EDUCATION NUMBER (PEN) REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS:
Personal Education Numbers can be retrieved from your current school in BC and are often included on your child’s report card. If you are not a BC student, please contact the summer session office at 604.296.6902
Registration opens on April 4 for secondary students and on April 11 for elementary students.
Summer Session will take place at the following sites (subject to change):
|Byrne Creek Secondary|
|Burnaby Mountain Secondary|