NEW FOR FALL 2018 – APPLICATIONS STILL ACCEPTED
A unique partnership with SFU enables Burnaby School District to provide high performance field lacrosse training with academic support through a holistic approach committed to physical, mental, cognitive and emotional development.
- Fullfills academic requirements (2 courses for credit)
- Quality year-round training
- Supervised by Brent Hoskins, Head Coach of the SFU Lacrosse Club
- Hosted at Cariboo Hill Secondary – choose to attend your current school or become a full-time Cariboo Hill student
- Two lacrosse classes every other day in the morning based on a two-week class rotation schedule (Week 1: Tue / Thurs and Week 2: Mon / Wed / Fri)
- Classes will consist of on-field lacrosse technical skill development, speed, strength and power training, and classroom instruction in areas such as game analysis, nutrition, sport psychology and other areas related to the science of sport and training
- Compete in structured intra-squad scrimmages to gain a better understanding of different systems of play
- Academy structure is based on men’s field lacrosse
- Open to students in grades 8-12
- Student in good standing
- Monthly Fee: $230 (includes training apparel)
- Students are responsible for their own equipment and footwear
Field Lacrosse Academy Application 2018
For more information, contact Cariboo Hill Secondary principal, Andy Chin.