WHAT JOBS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE HOTEL & EVENT MANAGEMENT INDUSTRY?
- organizing and supporting all aspects of the “guest cycle” (reservations, check-out and settlement, telecommunications and registration)
- housekeeping management and inventory control, and supervising of guestroom cleaning
- managing dining/foodservices, banquet/meeting rooms and conventions
- event planning
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- strong interest in working with the public
- effective interpersonal and communication skills
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- 16 graduation credits
- 120 hours of work experience
- preferential admission and/or course credits at Douglas College
- building connections with industry employers
- American Hotel & Lodging Association certifications:
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Convention Management
- Hospitality Today
- additional certifications:
- Food Safe Level 1
- Serving it Right
- WorldHost Fundamentals
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary on Mon, Tues and Thurs 12:30 – 3:40pm
- attend current school to complete other courses in the mornings
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in an interview