WHAT ARE OCCUPATIONS IN THE GAME DEVELOPMENT INDUSTRY?
- this academy explores various areas of the game development industry, including: software developer, concept artist, designer, software engineer, script writer, animator, 2D & 3D modeller
- focused study on game design, animation, computer science, sound design and computer engineering
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12
- interest in computer science, systems
- aptitude for working with computers, software and electronics
- interest in creative aspects of game design, artwork and story
- math skills are an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- foundational skills in computer science and programming leading to game development
- blended in-class and online instruction from DigiPen Institute of Technology
- build connections with local industry through instruction, events and mentorship
- coding experience using programs such as Zero Engine
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Cariboo Hill Secondary School
- this is taken as a double-blocked elective, taken in either the morning or afternoon
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- for Cariboo Hill students, select DigiPen Gaming Academy in course selection
- for students attending another school: please complete a cross-district enrolment application to Cariboo Hill Secondary specifying that you’d like to enrol in the DigiPen Gaming Academy
DigiPen Institute of Technology is a leader in education and research in computer interactive technologies.
BC is an international digital entertainment centre for app design and game production.
For detailed information on the program content, CLICK HERE